Our Home HVAC Services
What are some signs my air conditioner needs repair in Peterborough?
It is critical for homeowners to recognize the signs that their current air conditioning system is failing. The following are some of the most common red flags that it is time to call Comfort Masters Heating and Air Conditioning for professional assistance:
- Your air conditioning unit is blowing warm air
- It is difficult to cool your home
- Your air conditioning unit will not turn on
- Your unit is leaking water
- Your air conditioning unit is making a strange noise while it operates
- There is a weird smell coming from your air conditioning unit that could indicate the growth of mould and mildew in your home
- Your indoor air quality is very humid
Do any of these signs look familiar? If so, then we encourage homeowners in the Peterborough, Ontario, community to book an appointment with the professional HVAC technicians at Comfort Masters Heating and Air Conditioning as soon as possible. It is highly essential that homeowners repair potential problems with their air conditioning system quickly to avoid further damage that can be more complex to repair and more expensive.
Comfort Masters Heating and Air Conditioning are available 24/7/365 days of the year. We do not charge extra for repairs performed after hours, on weekends, or on holidays.
Therefore, if you’re dealing with an unexpected problem with your air conditioning system in Peterborough, Ontario, you can rest assured knowing that our team of certified HVAC technicians will be able to come to your home and fix the problem quickly. That way, you can get back to enjoying the comforts of your home in no time at all.
Call and speak to one of us directly or book an appointment online using our electronic form. We look forward to working with you!
What should I check before calling for a repair?
Before calling and booking an appointment with a professional HVAC company like Comfort Masters Heating and Air Conditioning in Peterborough, Ontario, if you’re experiencing a problem with your current air conditioning system, we suggest that house owners check for the following:
- The name of your air conditioner manufacturer
- The age of your air conditioning unit
- Write down a list of warning signs you have noticed that could indicate that there is something wrong with your air conditioning unit.
- Ensure the area around your air conditioning unit is free of any items or debris that could make access to it difficult.
- Ensure that you have your list of questions you may want to ask your air conditioning technician so you have them handy when you require them.
You can help ensure that your service appointment is hassle-free and effective from beginning to end by having these details on hand and preparing in the area around your air conditioning unit. That way, you can return to your normal routine quickly and without causing major interruptions in your household.
Do you require the professional assistance of Comfort Masters Heating and Air Conditioning? If the answer is yes, then our team of certified HVAC technicians is prepared to assist you.
Comfort Masters Heating and Air Conditioning are open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Our HVAC technicians are certified as well as approachable. We don’t charge extra for repairs done after hours, on weekends, or during holidays. As a result, you can be confident that we will be available whenever you require us.
To schedule an appointment to have your air conditioning unit repaired in Peterborough, Ontario, call and speak with a Comfort Masters Heating and Air Conditioning team member directly, or use our electronic appointment scheduling form.
Why is my AC making a strange sound?
Air conditioning systems are highly complex units that are made of numerous components that work together to cool your home to your liking. Therefore, when something goes wrong from within your unit, one of the warning signs is strange noises. But what is causing these sounds to occur? Well, there are numerous reasons why this could be happening. Here is a closer look at why your air conditioning system may be making a strange noise when it is operating:
- A damaged motor blower
- Malfunctioning contactor relay switch
- Loose or misaligned fan blades
- Your outdoor condenser unit may have loose sticks, dirt, or leaves that are rattling.
- There is a malfunction with your thermostat
- There is a leak in your air ducts
- Excess moisture from within your unit
As you can see, there are numerous reasons why your home’s air conditioning system may be making a strange noise as it is working to cool your home. If this is the case, then we recommend booking an appointment with the friendly and professional HVAC technicians at Comfort Masters Heating and Air Conditioning. Remember, when it comes to your air conditioning system, it is better to have problems repaired sooner rather than later to ensure the damage does not become more complex and expensive.
Comfort Masters Heating and Air Conditioning are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our certified HVAC technicians do not charge extra for services needed after hours, on weekends, or on holidays. As a result, you can be confident that we will send a technician to your home as quickly as possible to repair your air conditioning system.
That way, you can get back to enjoying a cool interior without annoying background noise in no time.
Call Comfort Masters Heating and Air Conditioning today and speak with one of our professional team members or book an appointment with us online!
What does it mean if my air conditioner freezes up?
If your home’s air conditioning system appears to be frozen, then you’re most likely unable to cool your home to your preferred comfort levels. When this happens, it can cause your indoor environment to become uncomfortably warm and humid.
As you may know, all air conditioning systems are composed of numerous working parts that function together in order to cool your home. Therefore, when something goes wrong with one component, it can cause other damage to the rest of your unit. As such, if you notice that your air conditioning system is frozen on the outside or inside, it is likely caused due to minimal airflow through the evaporator coil, which is in charge of transferring the heat.
When this occurs, the refrigerant substance will not be converted to hot gas. The refrigerant substance instead freezes, either in the evaporator coil or along the drainage line.
So, why has the airflow of your air conditioning unit diminished? There are several reasons why this could be. Here is a closer look at some of the causes:
- Clogged air conditioning air filters from hair, dust, dirt, and other debris
- A blocked condensate line which is in charge of draining condensation away from your unit so that it does not freeze up
- The blower fan in your air conditioning unit is damaged and is therefore not able to blow any air out of your unit
- Your evaporator coil, which is responsible for transferring heat, is dirty or broken
- The refrigerant levels in your air conditioning system are low and are therefore unable to remove heat from warm air and convert it to chilled air.
- The air ducts within your air conditioning unit have collapsed and have blocked the airflow from your unit.
Are you experiencing difficulties with your home’s air conditioning system, such as freezing? If the answer is yes, then it’s time to call for the professional assistance of the team at Comfort Masters Heating and Air Conditioning.
Comfort Masters Heating and Air Conditioning are available 24/7/365 days of the year. Our certified HVAC technicians do not charge an additional fee for services required after hours, on the weekends, or during holidays. As such, you can rest assured knowing that we’ll have a technician come to your home as soon as possible so you can have your air conditioning system repaired promptly.
Call and speak to one of the professional team members at Comfort Masters Heating and Air Conditioning directly, or book an appointment with us online, today!